SECTION 228A IPC - Indian Penal Code - Disclosure of identity of the victim of certain offences, etc
- Whoever prints or publishes the name or any matter which may make known the identity of any person against whom an offence under section 376, section 376A, section 376B, section 376C, section 376D or section 376E1 is alleged or found to have been committed (hereafter in this section referred to as the victim) shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to fine.
- Nothing in sub-section (1) extends to any printing or publication of the name or any matter which may make known the identity of the victim if such printing or publication is
- by or under the order in writing of the officer-in-charge of the police station or the police officer making the investigation into such offence acting in good faith for the purposes of such investigation;or
- by, or with the authorisation in writing of, the victim; or
- where the victim is dead or minor or of unsound mind, by, or with the authorisation in writing of, the next-of-kin of the victim: