SECTION 374 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Appeals from convictions


  1. Any person convicted on a trial held by a High Court in its extraordinary original criminal jurisdiction may appeal to the Supreme Court.
  2. Any person convicted on a trial held by a Sessions Judge or an Additional Sessions Judge or on a trial held by any other Court in which a sentence of imprisonment for more than seven years 1 [has been passed against him or against any other person convicted at the same trial; may appeal to the High Court.
  3. Save as otherwise provided in Sub-Section (2), any person;
    1. convicted on a trial held by a Metropolitan Magistrate or Assistant Sessions Judge or Magistrate of the first class or of the second class, or
    2. sentenced under section 325, or
    3. in respect of whom an order has been made or a sentence has been passed under section 360 by any Magistrate,
      may appeal to the Court of Session.

LegalSectionsLaw That Leads

Ready to solve your legal matters with confidence? Contact our expert legal consultants today and get the guidance you deserve. Don't delay, take the first step towards a brighter legal future.

Follow us on


© 2024 LegalSections. All Rights Reserved.