INDIAN KANOON SECTION 132 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Protection against prosecution for acts done under preceding sections
- No prosecution against any person for any act purporting to be done under section 129, section 130 or section 131 shall be instituted in any Criminal Court except.
- with the sanction of the Central Government where such person is an officer or member of the armed forces;
- with the sanction of the State Government in any other case.
- No Executive Magistrate or police officer acting under any of the said sections in good faith;
- no person doing any act in good faith in compliance with a requisition under section 129 or section 130;
- no officer of the armed forces acting under section 131 in good faith;
- no member of the armed forces doing any act in obedience of any order which he was bound to obey, shall be deemed to have thereby, committed an offence.
- In this section and in the preceding sections of this Chapter,
- the expression ?armed forces? means the military, naval and air forces, operating as land forces and includes any other Armed Forces of the Union so operating;
- ?officer? in relation to the armed forces, means a person commissioned, gazetted or in pay as an officer of the armed forces and includes a junior commissioned officer, a warrant officer, a petty officer, a non-commissioned officer and a non-gazetted officer;
- ?member? in relation to the armed forces, means a person in the armed forces other than an officer.